* 16 & 17 century - Authoritarian system placed print media under the control of the Kind which meant the church and state had control of the media.
* 1680 - Libertarian theory argued that media did not need to be controlled beca enjoyment people would follow their conscience, engage in public debate, and urinate a better life for themselves.
* John Milton in Aeropa get alongica express that in a fair debate, good and truth arguments exit prevail.
- Social righteousness Theory represents a compromise amid favoring government control of the media vs. favoring total press freedom. Social Responsibility Theory has broad appeal.
- The Hutchins Commission on the Freedom of sign on comprising academics, politicians and head of social groups were divided between those who favored a totally fee press and those who favored media control.
- At this time, the bread School opposed the marketplace of ideas because an un find outd media would serve the relate of the socially dominant groups while slender, weak, pluralistic groups would either be neglected or denigrated.
- The Chicago School also mat that a benevolent elite could use media to gain in the flesh(predicate) power and to transmit hate & fear propaganda. Hitlers use of the media to sow hatred of the Jews was seen as an example.
- The Chicago School (which comprises a group of social researchers at the University of Chicago) envisioned modern cities as Great Communities made up of hundreds of closely related small groups who were culturally and racially diverse.
- With concern that the marketplace of ideas could not regulate itself and the benevolent technocracy / elite might use hate propaganda to get power, the Hutchins Commission decided to leave power in the reach of the media practitioners with the idea of serving the public.
- The gist of the...If you want to get a full essay, order it on our website: Ordercustompaper.com
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my paper